UNM Parking Enforcement
Fall & Spring Enforcement Hours:
Spring Hours Effective: Tuesday, Jan. 17, 2017-Saturday, May 13 2017.
7:00 a.m. to 8 p.m.
7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Winter Enforcement Hours:
Effective Monday, Dec.19 2016 - Tuesday, Jan. 17, 2017
7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Tips for Better Parking
- Properly display your permit on your mirror or dashboard. Refer to the diagram printed on the back of the permit.
- Avoid parking in spaces that are not clearly marked with either two painted lines or a bumper barrier.
- As a general rule, never park in a space to which you are not entitled, even outside of parking enforcement hours.
- Handicap placard holders DO NOT need a UNM permit to park in designated handicap parking spaces. Should there be no handicap space available, the placard holder is entitled to use a reasonably-near ordinary parking space, without the need for a permit. However, parking in restricted or reserved spaces should be avoided.
- NOTE: Alteration or reproduction of parking permits is strictly prohibited.
3:45 pm Rule
If you hold a UNM parking permit, you can occupy an ordinary (non-restricted) main-campus parking space after 3:45 pm. You are not however, allowed to park in reserved spaces, handicapped zones, residence zone spaces, barricaded areas, fire lanes or metered spots unless you are authorized to do so.
- The 3:45 pm Rule does not apply to parking structures, although structure permit holders are entitled to roam.
- This rule does not apply to residence hall lots and permits. R lot and Lomas Structure permits are only good in their respective zones at all times and no other permits are allowed in those zones.
- This rule does not apply to South Lot on game days, since the facility is owned by Athletics who impose their own separate parking fees on these occasions.
- This rule also does not apply to the following permits: AML, AIMS, CHTM, and new employee temporary permits.
Saturday Enforcement (Fall and Spring Semesters Only)
In effort to both regulate and improve customer service, UNM Parking and Transportation Services has imposed Saturday enforcement since 2008. This is in addition to Monday - Friday enforcement. Saturday enforcement takes place 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Saturday enforcement includes:
- All pay station spaces, including Cornell and Yale parking structures
- Reserve parking spaces
- Service vehicle parking
- Handicap parking
- Fire lanes
- Loading zones
- Official vehicle parking
- Yellow curb parking
For Saturday enforcement complaints only, please call 505-934-0472.