Summer Enforcement Hours Effective: May 14, 2018
7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Spring Break Enforcement Hours:
- Monday, March 12 - Friday, March 16: 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Saturday, March 17: 8 a.m to 5 p.m.
Regular enforcement hours will resume on Monday, March 19 at 7 a.m.
UNM Parking and Transportation Services Enforcement Division operates pursuant by the authority granted in §29-5-1.1 NMSA 1978. §29-5-1.1 allows the issuance of citation fines up to $250 and citation fees to $5 for parking code violations approved by the UNM Board of Regents. As a state agency, UNM Parking and Transportation Services has the authority and ability to access state motor vehicle records to ascertain responsible parties associated with vehicles in violation of parking regulations. View UNM's Parking Regulations.
Tips for Better Parking
- Properly display your permit on your mirror or dashboard (refer to the diagram printed on the back of the permit for display instructions).
- Park only in your designated permit parking zone.
- Park between two white lines or at a bumper barrier.
- Pay extra, if possible, when using pay station parking to allow for extra time.
- Never park in a space to which you are not entitled, even outside of parking enforcement hours. (e.g. Reserved, Patient Parking, Service Vehicle, etc.)
Valid ADA placard holders do not need to purchase a UNM permit to park on campus. ADA accessible parking is FREE with the display of a state-issued handicapped placard (issued specifically to you) for parking in ADA, pay station, or regular permitted spaces, not otherwise restricted by signage.
Permits are non-transferable.
Alteration or reproduction of parking permits is strictly prohibited.
|Citation Code||Description||Citation Amount|
|01||Failure to Display valid Permit||$20|
|02||Permit invalid for Zone||$20|
|03||Loading Zone Violation||$20|
|04||Motorcycle not in Lot||$20|
|05||Parking in Handicap Zone||$250|
|06||Parked on the Wrong Side of the Street||$20|
|07||Not Parked Within Lines, Stalls, Barriers||$20|
|10||Improper Use of a Metered Space||$20|
|11||Parking Prohibited, No Signs Required||$30|
|12||Parking Prohibited by Sign||$20|
|13||Time Limited by Sign||$20|
|15||Parked too Far From Curb||$20|
|16||Use of a Forged or Altered Permit||$100|
|17||Official Vehicle Space Violation||$20|
|18||Service Vehicle Space Violation||$20|
|19||Failed to Display a Valid Patient Permit||$100|
|20||Unauthorized Use of Reserved Space||$100|
|21||Towed Vehicle Notice||$0 / Notice|
|22||Booted Vehicle Service Charge||$75 Service Charge|
|23||Warning to Boot||$0 / Notice|
|26||Parked in a Fire Lane||$50|
|27||Failure to Display LE/FE & Valid||$20|
|29||Warning to Tow||$0|
|30||Failed to Provide Ownership of Handicap||$0|
|98||Fee for Services Provided on Permit||Variable|
|99||Unauthorized Use/Possession of a Permit||$100|
Most commuter and preferred parking permits become generic at 3:45 p.m. M-F, making them valid in regular permit spaces in other commuter and proximity parking zones. The following restrictions apply:
- The 3:45 p.m.. Rule does NOT apply to Reserved spaces, Handicapped spaces, Barricaded areas, Fire Lanes or Pay Station parking spaces.
- The 3:45 p.m.. Rule does NOT apply to parking structures, although structure permit holders are entitled to roam after 3:45 p.m..
- The 3:45 p.m.. Rule does NOT apply to R or S resident zones or permits. R lot and S (Lomas structure) permits are only valid in their respective zones at all times and no other permits are allowed in those zones.
- The 3:45 p.m.. Rule does NOT apply to the GR zone, although GR Faculty/Staff permit holders are entitled to roam after 3:45 p.m..
- The 3:45 p.m.. Rule does NOT apply to South Lot on game days, since the facility is owned by Athletics who impose their own separate parking fees on these occasions.
- The 3:45 p.m.. Rule does NOT apply to the following permits: AML, AIMS, CHTM, and new employee temporary permits.
In effort to provide better customer service, UNM Parking & Transportation Services conducts Saturday enforcement during the Fall and Spring semesters in addition to regular enforcement Monday-Friday.
Saturday enforcement hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m..
Saturday enforcement includes:
- All pay station spaces, including Cornell and Yale parking structures
- Resident zones, R, S and INV
- Reserve parking spaces
- Service vehicle parking
- Handicap parking
- Fire lanes
- Loading zones
- Official vehicle parking
- Yellow curb parking
For Saturday enforcement complaints only, please call (505) 934-0472.