New to UNM
2020-2021 Permit Sale Dates
R*, S*, INV*, GR*
July 23 | 7:30 AM
J, L*, M*, P, T and Yale
July 28 | 7:30 AM
G*, Q and South
July 30 | 7:30 AM
*Permits subject to eligibility criteria
ABOUT PERMIT SALES:
Due to limited availability, permits are sold on a first come, first served basis.
Most permits sell out quickly and you should plan to purchase your permit ASAP the day permit sales open for the zone you want (see sales dates above).
Please see our student parking page for more information and pricing.
PERMIT PURCHASE CHECKLIST:
To purchase your permit you will need:
- LoboCard, if purchasing in person
- UNM NetID and Password, if purchasing online
- Vehicle make, model, and color
- Vehicle license plate number
- A form of payment – We accept Visa, Discover, American Express, Mastercard, UNM Bursar's transfer, or cash*.
*Cash payments are only accepted when purchasing a permit at our office.
WHERE TO BUY A PERMIT:
Online through your Parking Account (as available)
At our business office located at 2401 Redondo Dr. NE(in the Cornell Parking Structure)
Wait Lists: Occasionally parking lots have spaces that become available for sale after the start of the semester. To add yourself to a wait list for a particular lot login to your parking account.
Students who live on UNM’s main campus are eligible to purchase either an R zone or S (Lomas Structure) parking permit. Lobo Rainforest/Innovate ABQ residents are eligible to purchase in Innovate (INV) parking permit. Permits must be returned if you leave campus housing or are no longer a student at UNM before the end of the academic year. Permits that are not returned will be automatically deactivated.
- R Zone parking is available in various “R” zone parking lots located on UNM’s main campus, in close proximity to the resident halls. Additionally, a limited amount of R zone parking is also available on the surface streets near the resident halls.
- S (Lomas Structure) parking is located on the east side of the Lomas parking structure, on levels that have yellow pillars.
- INV parking is located directly north of the Rainforest building on Tijeras and Broadway.
- G, Q, and South: These lots have a free shuttle to take you to and from main campus. Find out more information about our G, Q and South shuttle routes.
- T Zone: This lot has a free shuttle to and from main campus. Find out more information about the T Lot shuttle.
- Properly display your parking permit.
- Only Park between two white lines or at a bumper barrier, in your designated parking zone.
- Pay extra, if possible, when using pay station parking.
- Properly display your valid ADA placard when parking in an ADA space.
- Never park in spaces restricted by signage (e.g. Reserved, Patient Parking, barricaded or construction zones, etc.).
- Unpaid tickets or excessive tickets received may result in disciplinary action from the Dean of Students.
PLEASE NOTE: WE ENFORCE DURING ACADEMIC BREAKS.
UNM students registered for at least 3 credit hours are eligible to receive a bus pass sticker to ride ABQ RIDE buses (City of Albuquerque transit system) for FREE.
- Get your bus sticker at the Transportation Information Center (TIC) (in the Student Union Building) or at the PATS Business Office (on Redondo Drive, just north of George Pearl Hall).
- Bus stickers must be renewed at the start of the Fall semester.
- Visit myabqride.com for bus routes and schedules.
- Track the locations of ABQ RIDE buses in real-time with Where's My Bus on LoboMobile.
The UNM Transportation system is offered free of charge and transports students, staff, faculty, and visitors from UNM Park and Ride lots onto campus connecting the north, main, and south campus areas.
- At peak times you can expect a shuttle approximately every 15 minutes.
- Shuttle ride time is typically 12 minutes or less.
- PATS shuttles are ADA Accessible (equipped with lifts).
- Regular hours of operation: Monday-Thursday 6:30 a.m. - 10 p.m., Friday: 6:30 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Hours of operation during the Summer and Academic Breaks are Monday-Friday 6:30 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Track the locations of UNM Shuttles in real-time with Where's My Bus on LoboMobile.
- Free bike racks across campus.
- Bike Lockers available for $48/year.
- Bike Maintenance available at UNM Rec Services Outdoor & Bike Shop.
- Car rental program on campus from Enterprise CarShare.
- Visit enterprisecarshare.com/unm for more info.
- Student residents who leave campus housing may exchange their permits for another permit (depending on availability and eligibility) or receive a pro-rated refund.
- Permit exchanges are conducted in person at our business office.
If you leave campus housing or are no longer a student at UNM, permits must be returned online through the Permit Return Form for a pro-rated refund.
- Permits must be returned by March 31 to receive a pro-rated refund.
- Permits do not need to be returned to our office.
For more information, visit the Permit Return page.
Security escorts are available after dark for students and residents who park further away from their buildings. For an escort, call UNM PD at (505) 277-2241.