3:45 p.m. Rule
After 3:45 p.m., Monday through Friday and all-day Saturday and Sunday, the commuter and most proximity parking permits issued by UNM PATS become valid for use in regular parking spaces in most commuter and proximity parking zones. The permits valid for use under the 3:45 rule are as follows:
- Student – AIMS, E, G, INS (Rainforest), J, K, L, Lobo Village (which are issued by Lobo Village), P, Q, RIO, South, T, Y (Yale parking structure)
- Faculty/Staff – A, AIMS, B, C, F, G, GR (only fac/staff), J, K, L, M, P, Q, R (only fac/staff), RIO, S (Lomas parking structure), South, T, U, W, and Y (Yale parking structure)
The 3:45 Rule does NOT apply to:
- Any parking space restricted by signage, e.g. signs that say Reserved; Pay Station; Patient, Visitor or Guest; Official or Service Vehicle; ADA; Fire Lane; No Parking; etc.
- In the Yale and Lomas (and Cornell) parking structures.
- Any/all resident (dorm) zones including Rainforest and the GR zone.
- South Lot (aka Stadium East) on UNM Athletics Game Days.
- AML, CHTM, and any/all New Employee temporary permits.
- Student R (resident zone), student S (Lomas parking structure) and student GR permits.